Friday, May 24, 2013

We finished up surfing with a bang / lagos new work away


Our last surfing lesson was on Saturday because we took wed off.  The morning went great we were ketching green waves left right and center. The photographer was there again. Got some great waves. My best wave was when I tryed for one stood up and started to loose the wave. But with a push down on the nose I came down nicely. It was a beautiful wave. The only sad part was due to the fact that I turn to my back side so well I needed waves that break left. So I was surfing away from the photographer so not that many shots of me. What a great day for it, being the weekend not many people there.
The afternoon went just as well except there were some real dicks out there. There were blocking us. And if we moved over to the less favorite waves they followed. It was very annoying.

On Sunday night two more girls came. They brought there own surf boards. They flew with EasyJet and they damaged one of the boards. They managed to take a big chunk and dent out of the board. We have no idea how they managed to do that.
I hope they will comansate her.
Monday we caught the bus at lunch time. It was a very long bus ride. It was 8 hr long. When we got to there the bus was 45 min late. G was there to meet us. G is one of the owners. He was in a little car and had just picked up groceries so we had to cram the bags in the back seat.
We went to the house were his wife was and she had dinner ready witch was great. It was very good. There daughter has it the best for launages, her mother and father are doth french from France, step father is English and goes to a public school so also know Portuguese.
After dinner we went to the " cottage" as they call it. It is a home that they have converted into three summer vacation homes. Each is its own yuint with full kitchen and bathroom.  The view is stunning just rolling hills. There are very few houses or people this way. The house sits on over 40 acers of land and they have cork trees
Did you know
Corks like the ones in wine dottles come from a tree. It is atuly the bark of the tree. It takes ten years for the bark to grow thick enough to be collected and used. The trees are funny looking because u can see were they harvested up to. The usaly just take from the trunk.
The trucks have been going through and I am hoping the colect before we go I would live to see it. The do it all by hand.
The cottage is lovely there is no Internet we are two far out. On Wednesday night the man went back in town so me and shauna were alone. We were in bed shauna was snoring, and I remember that I left the hose running. So I got up got my flashlight and out I went. I don't know if it was because the house was just painted white the other day. It was so bright out. I did not need the flashlight. The birds were even signing. It was so odd. It was not even a full moon. Friday night will be spent in town.
As will the weekend.
So the have two dogs that live at the cottage johnny and shebia. They are lovely friendly dogs. So much fun and we take them for a walk ever day that takes around 45 min. They are so much fun to have around.
Having a great time. So great to be out in the middle of no were.  

No comments:

Post a Comment