Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Two feet and a heartbeat

So we got up early to go to the farmers market. We did not leave till late though. we were on a time crunch so we did not end up finding it because we'll we got off at the wrong subway stop. After we could not find it we went towards home. Shauna got off atvour place and I kept going.
I was on a mission, as some of you know I got a new credit card right before I left. Well I was on my way to UPS to pick it up. MOM decided to not send it to my address and to the UPS store. So I had the address and directions and away I went. Well for one I could not figure out how to get out of the terminal because it was for busses and trains as well. So I found a taxi stand. I should point out that it was pouring down rain. I had 20€ so I showed the drive the address and he was like yes yes. I told him only have 20€ he said about 15 so away we went. Well we got to the address no ups store... OK so he Googleed it. Got same address it is raining so hard we drive up and down street then on side streets we found a parked ups truck but no shop. So he pulls into gas station guy tells him were to go. So yaaaaaa we found it so I gave him all 20€ because it took so long to find it. I go in get my envelope that easy exciting. It is still maga raining out so I ask if bus stop is close. She said 45 min walk that way. Both women gave me sad look.
So away I went in the rain to walk back to sub way. I found out very fast how not waterproof my hiking boots are.
So as I am walking down this industrial street with no side walks cars were atleast slowing down to pass me. Find the street I need for my walking directions and not even two min up that road I am maybe 20 min away from ups walking. There is a bus stop and the subway I want was on itt. So as I am standing there thinking do I wait for a bus that may not come for an hour or do I walk. A bus comes around the corner. I was so happy to see it. So I hope on and away I go. Now I had to use my card for the subway to get on bus so once I got to the terminal I went to get some pizza.
I fit in so well here all the places have margarita pizza witch is cheass pizza. My favorite. This place had pizza with French frys on it.  It also had a hotdogs one. So I went with the hot dog had to break my ten any way.
So after my pizza hoped on the subway and went home.
After worming up and drying off. We headed out to go to a museum. we found the museum no problem but they only do guided tours and they were sold out. So we walked to the mouth of truth. But it had just closed.
Oh before that we went to the church that is ontop of alot of steeps it is the place to go to get married if you want to punish your guests. It is alot of stairs. But stunning church.
They had just closed the mouth of truth for the night but we were able to get great pictures jut through the bars. I had no desire to stick my hand in there. Then we decided to go to the pantheon area for dinner again. So we jumped on a bus.
We wondered all around there looking at all the restaurant we went pack to one and decided to eat there only to be told no, reservation only.
So we wondered around some more. In our wondering we came across a wine and pasta store shauna has been on the hunt for some wine so we poped in. We the guy had us tasting all these flavored drinks the best part is the one we both liked most was the one we have sitting at hoe that we got because of the bottle.
Then we told him what wine we were looking for tryed some more it was very good so we got a bottle for drum roll 16€.
We went back to the pantheon and ate at one of the places right in the square. I got some kind of dumplings and a price of chocolate cake for desert.
After dinner we walked to the colossum to see it at night.
Oh yes in our walking around we stumbled alone the trevi fountain, Spanish steeps, and a square that we went to at the start.
We got to see lots just by walking.
Once you get an idea of tea place you can walk to almost all of it with out a problem. And if u wander down a side street you may just end up doing a loop.
It was a good rainny day
Oh yes the churches almost forgot. Sill me.
So with all our wondering around if we saw a church with its doors open we went in.
At Once church I even lit a candle.
There was this one little church that was tucked in with these apartments and we went in there. There was no one in there. It was very stunning lots of old paintings. As we went there was a book to sign so shauna did and this guy looked to be security comes out. And waves for us to fallow him to back room we tell him English and he gets a paper and it says look at ceiling so we do very stunning painting of the baby angles checapis I think they are called with a cross. Then he users us to move across the room and look again. We do and we are like ok his paper on pack side said look at cross. It was an optical allusion. The cross would be down to up right. He then had us wake and turn in middle then walk backwards to see it. Very nice old man in a little church with a very interesting hidden treasure.
All text churches that we saw were stunning in there own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment